Sweeet, I like this page, I get this obsession for dinosaurs for long periods, there are times I can't think on anything else, then it cools down and I go back to the aliens, dragons and stuff. Right now I'm in the dinosaur mood, I think I was like that when I made this. This page is based on a line of toys from the Jurassic park line, supposedly they were some sort of genetic experiments gone wrong with dinosaurs or something. Fans of the toy line hated it, it was sort quite off-topic, but from my monster-crafter point of view, some of the designs and combinations were in fact quite clever. Here are mine.
817) Ankylonychus: Is a combination of anylosaurus and mononychus or some other alvarezsaurid. Of course the claws are exagerated as many of the body features in other creatures of this same page.
818) Megavenator: ... The JP Chaos Effect toy line had some animals that were not combinations, but just genetically upgraded versions of previous dinosaurs (repaints =/ ). This one would be some kind of upgraded megaraptor, don't even know if it has any special ... something.
819) Podocarnus: Sure, sauropods are the mightiest of all dinosaurs, but they have no reasons to kill people! Thats why I made this sauropod with a predator's head. I took inspiration from spinosaurus and giganotosaurus, the largest carnivores whose parts would better fit a sauropod's body.
820) Ultimasaurus: Now seriously, did you call that an Ultimasaurus? the toy line I told you about showed in the back of the box this random combination of dinosaurs that was supposed to be some kind of ultimate dinosaur or something. It was a T-rex, with horns, armour and raptor claws. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but there are so many awesome dinosaurs features that were not there... I designed this creature many times... each time it came out to look like a dragon or something... but anyway:
Carnotaurus & Ceratosaurus horns, heterodontosaurus upper beak, Masiakasaurus lower teeth, Spinosaurus snout, dilophosaurus venom (Jurassic Park's Dilophosaurus IS venomous) Cryolophosaurus crest, Amargasaurus neck spines, osteodersm of many dinosaurs, Arqueopterix wings, Therizinosaurus claws, Utharaptor legs, microraptor leg feathers, sauropod tail and that spiked club from some ankylosaurid I can't recall.
821) cryptoraptor: I was short of ideas with this one... probably some sort of... I don't know the jaw is based on Masiakasaurus too, man I love that jaw. I can always atribute some random ability to it, like optical camouflage or something.
822) Ceratopterix: I did some of this not to be so serious, just to see how it would look. This one is a combination of a Triceratops and a pterodactyl. Maybe if you take a really large pterosaurus and make a really small version of a triceratops, you might be able to make it fly, who knows.
823) Pachycephalostrophus: (tall thing in the middle) I find that name quite funny, and also pretty long. Well, words in English are all very short, so you might not be used to >_>
The point is this creature is a combination of Tanystropheus, and stygimoloch, with some pteranodon in the head to make some additional edge and a little bit of ankylosaurus tail to balance the neck. The idea was to make a creature able to deliver a nasty headbut whithout charging.
824) Kentrospinus: ( bottom right) This one is inspired by the Amargaspinus from the Chaos Effect. I added features from many other dinosaurs with stabby things on their bodies.
The general body structure is that of Amargasaurus, with sharpened versions of its neck spikes, the back and the tail are like those of Stegosaurus, and it has those awesome spikes from kentrosaurus... and is also a carnivore like Spinosaurus for reasons i don't understand.
825) Pterapleurodon: A flying Liopleurodon, you can't get any more awesome than that. Even then I don't like the drawing and of course that thing would never fly, even if I use my all Purpose card of making wings out of the hind legs. Still It would be fun